(LVD / CB)
An electrical safety test is required for all radio equipment (RED). Other electrical equipment with a rated voltage between 50 and 1000 V AC or between 75 and 1500 V DC fall under the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU.
STC Germany offers 3 types of Safety Tests:
Safety/LVD Complete Test
- Similar to GS-mark test or CB-test, but without life test, material test etc. (these tests must be verified by approved certificates from components maker).
- The Safety/LVD Complete Test is necessary for the first test of a new apparatus/concept/design and/or if the report is transferred to a 3rd party. This test includes also the implementation of fault conditions in the circuit.
- STC Germany is accredited as a Certified Testing Laboratory (CBTL) from IEC under the IECEE CB-Scheme and offers:
- IEC 60065 (Audio/video and similar electrical equipment)
- IEC 62368-1 / IEC 62368-3 (Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment)
Safety/LVD Evaluation Test
- An engineering evaluation including testing of basic safety requirements such as high voltage and insulation tests, test of PCB safety distance etc. as well as markings and documents.
- The Safety/LVD Evaluation Test is based on the fact that a correct "engineering design" of the apparatus is done by the manufacturer. If this is not ensured, a Safety Complete Test shall be performed.